Friday, March 21, 2008

Devon's back!...and I'm about to leave! Go figure....


Devon is back! I traveled to Ft. Leonard Wood, MO Tuesday night - in torrential down pours to Mom's great dismay.... I arrived safely however, and Wednesday afternoon I was able to see Devon for the first time in TEN weeks. I can't believe we had only seen each other 2 weeks out of FIVE months! Oh man!

Anyway - Devon looks great! He and his Company (Charlie Company - the "Comanches") marched up for Family Day shouting their cadences. Coolest thing I'd heard - I had goosebumps! It is so great to hear the men and women who serve our country up close and see how truly unified they are.

On graduation day, Dev's dad, an aunt and cousin were able to join me in the audience. We noticed one of the emblems had "send me" as one of their sayings. "Here am I, send me." The graduation began in prayer and God was certainly present for this sacred ceremony. This country for sure was built under the watchful eye of our Heavenly Father and He continues to watch over the development and action of our troops.

None of these men and women are saying "I am not my brother's keeper" or this is not my war. They are all saying "here am I, send me." I am so grateful for these men and women and I am so grateful to be a little piece of it.

I am so proud of Devon and all he has accomplished and all he is willing to give for this country, for his family and for God.


We get to spend the weekend together before I fly to Dallas Sunday night. I will be gone for two weeks, but that will allow me some time to find us a house to move into near Fort Hood. I love house shopping, but I really only have one weekend to shop, choose and deposit. Exciting, exciting!

I'll be back the first weekend in April and Devon will be headed to Fort Hood to report by noon on April 7th. We aren't sure on the exact timing, but all of the Fort Hood news seems to suggest that the 4th infantry division - 4th Brigade (his assignment) will be deploying before the summer is out. So we'll be spending every minute possible together! As much as our hectic schedules will allow.

Of course we will keep you posted as we learn more details!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Sarah,
You and Devon will always be in my thoughts. I am so thankful that I got a chance to meet the both of you. You two are wonderful people and nothing but promise is the future. But, you already know..YOU ROCK!
I will be sure to check in on your blog to try an keep up with you chica!
(hug)
Carter

Lindy said...

Congrats to Devon! Good luck with the house hunt in TX.

Rebecca said...

i was excited to see you two together on sunday. i can't imagine how nice it is to be together again. i will check in so i can keep up with you.

Anonymous said...

I am very proud of the both of you. Devon for his service and how is has handled the training and you my dear little girl and how you are so supportive. Devon is one lucky man and I believe you are one lucky lady - to have each other.

Really enjoyed seeing you both this past Sunday.

attack of The Mouse said...

Holy Cow. It is fun to find people you know in the blogging world. We lived in MV together. It is fun to hear what you are up to. You sound crazy busy, and I too am proud of D. for his devotion to our country. I will keep you guys in my prayers.

Come and check us out at www.attackofthemouse.blogspot.com

JLB Family said...

I am glad that I got to talk to you and I do like the new blog template. Hope the house hunting goes well.

My Boys!