Friday, April 4, 2008

Onward to Texas!


So I get to fly into Indianapolis today - should arrive by 4 providing flights aren't delayed by Tornado season here in Texas. I won't be in Indiana 24 hours before Devon and I start are trek to Texas.
We'll be stopping in Bastrop Louisiana for Saturday night. Devon's family lives there and we will get to spend some quality time with them! I haven't yet met some of the new members of the family and I am looking forward to it!
Sunday, we will make the rest of the way to Fort Hood, Texas which is in the middle of Texas...a little over the hour north of Austin and about an hour South of Waco...something like that.
We'll spend our first few nights in a hotel taking some time to look for a house to rent.
I have Monday off but have to be in Dallas again Tuesday - only until Friday...no more of this two weeks straight bunk for a little while. I am hoping they decide they don't need more for the 4th week in Dallas. We'll see about that!
Devon has been Super-Husband without me the past two weeks for sure! He has taken care of so much to make sure our move goes smooth. He plans to continue is Super-Husbandness while I am back in Dallas for 4 days - he'll continue looking for a place to rent if we don't find a place Monday or taking care of all of the paperwork etc if we do find a place on Monday.
Hopefully we find a great place - hopefully the dogs, Devon and I adapt quickly to Texas! We'll keep you posted!

2 comments:

Lindy said...

We hope you traveled safely and are having luck finding a house. Lots of big changes...but I'm sure it's kind of exciting. Good luck!!!

attack of The Mouse said...

Good Luck. I will be thinking of you. Travel safely.

My Boys!